Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finals Week and Break Preparation

Finals week is an interesting animal. Every year it offers unique challenges and repeat pitfalls. As I am sitting here, hungry but warm under my blankets on this blustery day in Ohio, I am granted an opportunity to reflect. Yesterday I fumbled through a double dose of two hour finals in calculus and organic chemistry. I wasn't able to make it through either of the exams so I turned them both in with unfinished questions. That is something that I am not feeling very good about right now and it is effecting my ability to study for my later finals.

Despite my failure to be successful on my finals it seems this semester was a success. I knew coming into it that I would probably be facing the most challenging semester of my life. I got a new job, new(ish) major, moved to a new town, moved out from my two best friends, and started studying at a new university. I've always liked exploring fresh areas but everyone has their limits. I made it through and I'm proud of that fact.

Lastly, I feel it is important for me to set some goals for Christmas break in a desperate attempt to be productive in my season of rest (and to find rest in a spirit of productivity). So I set my list of goals to be as follows:
  • Read at least one work of fiction and blog my review upon completion.
  • Document and blog my culinary creations and experiences.
  • Live up every moment at IndyCC and love on those around me.
  • Order my textbooks before the last possible moment.
  • Be rested in body, mind, and soul in preparation for my scholastic triumphs in the upcoming year.
Tea time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm drinking tea too, and may I just say that I'm super excited to cook with you over break. We can experiment together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking to forward to hearing about this. I'll be sure to keep up.

    ReplyDelete